Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

0 Flares Facebook 0 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 0 Twitter 0 0 Flares ×

We had some friends visiting recently. They told us a story of living in Colorado and suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

It was about 2:30am, and Rick and Pat were asleep when their two cats jumped on Rick’s chest and awakened him. He couldn’t figure out where he was and his legs wouldn’t support him. He turned to Pat and tried to wake her. He rolled her off the bed, and the fall to the floor roused her. He called 911, and the operator said to get out of the house immediately. Rick said he wasn’t leaving without his wife. Soon fire and rescue vehicles were outside. They pronounced his wife dead but continued trying CPR. They even asked for the others to bring a body bag. They measured the house for CO2 and said they had never seen a house registering this high.

Luckily, the rescuers brought her back, and she spent a month in the hospital. Rick recovered also. The cause was a simple case of a malfunctioning heating pipe leaking CO2 into the house.

Rick and his family will make sure it has a carbon monoxide detector.

Dizziness, headaches, and nausea are three of the most common symptoms, but one in six people wrongly think a metallic taste in the mouth is also a sign.

You can see smoke, and we are required to have smoke detectors. Carbon monoxide is a toxic gas, but, is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating, it is very difficult for people to detect, yet the effects are deadly.

Between 1999 and 2010, about 430 people annually died from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Equipment like gas- or oil-fired furnaces and charcoal grills produce the colorless, odorless gas

When looking at the list of carbon monoxide detector laws in the United States, 30 states have enacted statutes regarding carbon monoxide detectors. Another 11 have promoted regulations on CO2 detectors as of January 2016. They are inexpensive; only about $30.

Do you need a carbon monoxide detector?

If you live or spend time in a single-family house, duplex, apartment, dormitory or group home that has a carbon-based fuel appliance, an attached garage or carport or is adjacent to a parking space, the law requires the installation of a carbon monoxide alarm(s) to warn you and your family if carbon monoxide is present.

Check Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – What are the symptoms?

Once again, I am warning about CO2 and the need for buyers of real estate to check if there is a Carbon Monoxide Detector. They are inexpensive and will save your life if there is a leak in your heating system.

Ask for your FREE report on How to Sell Your Home Fast

Path Forward Homes, LLC is the areas’ premier real estate solutions company.

Since our inception, we have been helping homeowners along with improving communities in every city in which we work.

We have extensive knowledge of the business, a network of resources, and years of expertise. Path Forward Homes can assist homeowners with a wide variety of real estate problems. We pride ourselves on our reputation for working one-on-one with each customer to handle their situations.

With the ability to directly purchase homes and make cash offers, we can create an extremely fast, and hassle-free transaction.

Call us today at 509-591-9001

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

0 Flares Facebook 0 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 0 Twitter 0 0 Flares ×